All of these things lead to the following issues being addressed.
- Improved the runes after three were done being selected. To make newer ones spawn faster so the player isn’t left waiting too long.
- I did this by calling the GetNewRune(); function immediately after the three runes were reset
- Tweaked my light fade in / fade out function that I was quite proud of. Made it so it doesn’t blind the player completely.
- Cleant up the introduction audio so the wind didn’t start until the whispering voice was done. This meant that you could now hear the voice and not just sense a mumble :D I did it by adding a check to see if the voice audio was done - if(!IntroTalk.isPlaying).
- Made the bonus score more interesting. It now adds your score at certain thresholds rather than a simple + 10 points. This means that you’ll get around +50 then +100 then + 150/200 as you reach the bonus thresholds. BUT I made it work like a killing spree works in other games.
- This means that when you reach a threshold and mess up somewhere along the line the bonus score is completely lost. So it’s a lot trickier because you either have to take your time (and waste game time) or risk it and try and click that one lingering rune a split second before it changes.
- Made it so that runes were now de-selectable as long as only 1 or 2 runes were active. The new AddToArray functionality made this super easy :D It adds a little more pace to the game.
- This was a very good suggestion from feedback I got and also allowed missclickes to be corrected!
I really started seeing the benefit of having people play unfinished versions of my game and I wish I had done this sooner. I will make a note to get people to play earlier versions on my future games as often as possible!