Friday 23 January 2015

Adding Narration into our game

Still making slow progress on this as Uni's been getting busy (more on that in my Student blog). However I have been doing s few things here and there. At the moment I am working on adding narration to our game.

Laura did some super cool narration for our project and I've been adding them in little by little as I test at the same time. Taken from our github tracker:

Added level 1_1 intro narrative as a test in afdeb2d. Started restructuring the Sound Manager a little bit. We drop all audio sources volume to 0.2F while the narrative is playing. Once finished we boost up the audio to all audio sources in the level to 1.0F. This works pretty neat currently :D The narration plays with quiet audio in the background and once its done the audio is restored to its full glory!

I am still thinking whether or not this is the best way to go as atm we are constantly updating each audio sources volume per frame. But I can't think of a better way right now. I'm gonna keep running this through my head, but the good thing about updating per frame is that the audio seems really responsive. And we don't have -that- much audio really so it shouldn't impact performance I think.

That's it for now, small update. After some more testing last night I am thinking the way we are doing it will be fine for now.

I'm looking at making a project site for our project now to show people. This means more HTML/CCS and javascript stuff when I get a minute spare.

Cheers,
Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment