Friday 16 January 2015

EGX build - Almost done!

Well I realize I've not updated my blog in quite some time. Mostly because I've been far to busy with two projects. Our gamejam and my University project.

My University project progress can be seen here.

With regards to our Gamejam, we have been making steady progress. The submission deadlines for Leftfield is today and I still have two bugs to fix after work.
 

Rob1 set up an awesome little bug tracker for our project on github which we have be using to good effect :D It's been really useful in keeping things organized.






We are aiming today to have some more levels added into the game and the last remaining bugs for this cycle to be fixed. After that, time permitting I'll be able to run some more tests and see where we stand.

We have a bunch of polish issues on standby and I'd like to clean up my code a little as it appears really unorganized at the moment. And maybe improve upon some of my more 'hacky' fixes.

Our game is slowly growing up in front of us and I'm super proud of all the work we've all done. Huge shout out to Rob1 as he's been doing the brunt of the bug fixes for this submission. It sucks being so busy with my Uni project. I'm hoping that after the deadline for it on Monday I'll have some more time free to help out properly.

It still never get used to the feeling you get when you start with nothing and create something fun out of it. It is the most rewarding feeling ever. Makes all the hours of working on it worth while :D

No comments:

Post a Comment